Morphologic MPL3E System on FPGA module
The MPL3E module contains all the basic hardware components that you need for an embedded system on FPGA design.
Add to that the required "soft" components or IP cores you need - including custom functions and you have a system on module solution
for your embedded system. The module has suficcient amount of programmable IO pins to enable most small to medium embedded systems to
be implemented on the module.
- Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA, 2 sizes available: 1200 and 1600 kgates.
- 16 bit wide DDR SDRAM chip with up to 128 Mbytes capacity. 600 Mbyte/s burst bandwidth.
- 16 bit wide NOR FLASH with up to 128 MB capacity.
- 16 bit wide low-power SRAM with battery backup capability, allowing machine states to be stored and resumed during a power-faliure.
- Supervisor chip for voltage supervision, backup voltage switching, reset generation and watch-dog function.
- Dual autoboot boot system: System will boot from backup FPGA image if main image has been corrupted.
- 1.2 and 2.5V power supply circuitry with 3.3V input voltage. These voltages are available on the connector and can drive additional circuitry.
- Two 120-pin 0.8 mm pitch board-to-board connectors with 143 IO/I pins available from the FPGA as well as JTAG, power and 8-bit shared databus.
- On-board 50 MHz oscillator.
- On-board LED indicators for: boot image selection, configuration status / user defined.
- important:Due to the JAE connectors on the module being phased out by JAE, new modules will be produced with similar though not JAE mateable connectors from FCI (JAE connectors are still available)